IS Project Leader (ref. 2405ISPRL) bij AG INSURANCE
Context of the mission
The candidate will work in the Individual Life Division. He/She will be responsible of projects of size between 500 mds up to 2.000 mds. The candidate will be responsible for the leading of projects to their successful implementation in a software development department.
This includes (but not exclusively):
- communication & synchronization with the business project leader & project board members.
- collaboration with the architecture teams & the team leaders of the different domains impacted or involved in the project for the scoping & estimation of the project.
- adequate communication & reporting to the management (both IT & Business) on the project progress.
- planning & follow-up of the project resources & deliverables.
1. Project planning
- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Create, or participate in the creation of, project documentation.
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project.
- Work with the executive (business & IS) to ensure changes are understood and approved.
2. Project accounting and finance
- Understands project indicators (Earned Value Analysis) and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
3. Project control
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time line, scope, budget and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverable, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance.
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverable; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the executive and client.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery time lines, and strategy.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and time line.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members (including the executive) and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
4. Project communication
- Work with executive to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, progress and the bright works development process.
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, time lines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
5. Internal project reporting and administration
- Be prepared to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with the manager
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
- Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated mitigation plan.
6. Resource management
- Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames and budget.
- When necessary work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
- Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based on project specifications and requirements.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
7. Client management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
8. Reporting & Deliverables
- Expected Deliverables:
- … reliable & flexible solutions in Production …
- Directly responsible
- Scoping the project & setting up a PID as planned in the milestone planning
- Planning & resource management
- Highlight reporting (typically on a weekly basis)
- Communication with project board / business & IT stakeholders
- Risk / issue / action tracking & follow-up
- Organizing the daily execution of the project
- Indirectly responsible
- Project estimation
- Project test planning / execution & follow-up
- Project Rollout in different environments till production
- o Scope of Mission :
- the assignment of the Project Leader on specific project will depend onthe nature of the portfolio. Each project allocation can be considered as a specific mission where all the activities / reporting / deliverables above mentioned are applicable
Number of open vacancies
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 24 months (Depending on project evolution, extension is possible)
- Brussels centre.
Level of education required
Educational and experience requirements include engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training plus 2 years’ experience/knowledge of application development and/or management required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages is an asset.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.).
- Pragmatism & result orientation is a must
- Sensitivity to the organization (stakeholder management).
- Quick learner.
Business experience required
- Proven experience in Project Leading in application development for project size around 1.000 mds
- Planning & estimation skills
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. And their impact on project activities is vital
- Preferable: Insurance or Finance sector / Application development
- Preferable: Insurance business knowledge (preferably Individual Life)
- Technical experience required
- Good computer skills, proficient with ms office applications
- Preferable: Application Development background
- Prince2 or PMI
Functional experience required
- Planning & Estimation techniques
- Project indicators (Earned Value Analysis)
- Highlight reporting
- Project Board reporting : Executive Communication
- The candidate will demonstrate a proven similar experience with strong customer references.
- During the interview, the candidates will provide concrete deliverables of his/her past missions.
We remind you that all “mandatory” topics MUST be encountered. They are criteria of exclusion if the minimum level required is not reached.