Scrum Master IT with good knowledge of Agile methodology & techniques (e.g. Kanban) bij COTRAIN
The Scrum Master is the key reference in a project following an agile framework as the Scrum methodology. He/she ensures the global understanding of the methodology by the Project Team and helps the team to maximize the project’s result. He/she protects the team for internal and external distractions.
The Scrum Master ensures the proper use and application of the Agile Methodology and coaches the Project Team along with the business lines and stakeholders, explaining which interactions with the team are helpful and which not.
- set up and facilitate the Scrum ceremonies (Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Sprint Planning, Retrospective) and other meetings
- schedule and follow the key steps of the methodology
- guarantee a smooth use of the Scrum methodology and help the Project Team face any obstacles
- provide assistance or support to the Product Owner concerning the Product Backlog
- assist and support the team in the delivery of the Definition of Done (DoD), Sprint Backlog, etc.
- track team capacity and velocity metrics for planning and progress purposes
Project methodology and Coaching
- coach and challenge the Project Team
- help the Project Team face any difficulties and promote its gradual self-organization
- remove barriers to team effectiveness and protect the team from outside distractions
- ambassador of agile methods within the company
- provide to his/her superiors a reporting on the proper deployment of the Scrum methodology within projects
- risk & issue management
01 MAY 2021
31 OCT 2021
- Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language.
An "Agile mindset" implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles:
- Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
Required experience / knowledge
At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of agile reporting and follow-up tools (e.g. Jira)
- Understanding of tooling on automated unit testing, automated functional testing and continuous integration tooling
- Sound knowledge of software development methodology
- Sound knowledge of project management methodology
- Expert knowledge of agile methodology and techniques (e.g. Kanban)
- Team player
- Knowledge sharing