ICT Project Leader bij COTRAIN
To support the modernization program of its Gas Flow Management application suite, our client (location Brussels) is actively looking for a project leader/business analyst with a strong analytical background and experience in business analysis and project management. He/she will be the project leader of the complete rebuild of the communication and messaging platform that connects all the Gas Flow Management application with customers & partners of our clients.
For supporting its Gas Flow Management related processes, our client has developed the “GSmart” application suite. Initially started in 2004 with the liberalization of the Belgian and European energy markets, the application suite has shown many functional and technical evolutions since then:
- The regulation and commercial models for transmission, storage and LNG activities have fundamentally changed over time.
- While the application suite was initially only intended for Fluxys Belgium, it is currently in use by 8 different European TSO’s (Transmission System Operators) both within and outside the Fluxys Group.
In this “GSmart” application suite, one application, called “Connect”, is responsible for the business-to-business communication with partners of our client via messaging. It was chosen to have a specific application responsible for messaging, so that the other applications in the suite do not need to track technical connection information (partner’s endpoints, certificates, …) or stay aligned with European gas messaging standards. A complete rebuild of the messaging application has been started as the previous architecture was not optimized to support 8 application suites in parallel and fulfill the demand for more and more messages.
The project leader candidate will be in charge to roll-out this new messaging platform that will be shared among all application suites. As this is quite a technical project involving gas messaging standards, messaging protocols and cloudinfrastructure, experience as a project manager on a technical project is a plus. If time allows, the candidate will be asked to also lead 1 or more other projects within the ICT Gas Flow Management department of our client.
The candidate will assist as a project leader/business analyst on the rebuild project of the messaging application. The candidate can also be asked to lead some other projects with the ICT Gas Flow Management department of Fluxys.
As a project leader / business analyst we expect the candidate to:
Understand and challenge the needs of internal customers in order to define the real requirements, to give the right advise and to propose the right orientation of the solution (together with architecture office and the analysts in the product teams)
Analyze functional / business problems and choose the most appropriate solution (define the functional architecture).
Define together with the technical and the solution architect the solution architecture that realizes the functional architecture.
Align the project planning with the team leaders / product owners of the different product teams in order to guarantee the delivery of the project’s products.
Monitor and control the project (actuals, earned-value, quality, risks) and communicate to both the ICT management and the steering committee.
Provide the different project lifecycle deliverables: ICT project charter together with the business users, progress reports, project plan, test plan, … .
Place of mission
Headquarters of our client – 1040 Brussels
- The start date of this mission is as soon as possible.
- This mission is foreseen for an initial duration of 1 year (possibly renewable).
- The regime will be full-time.
Skills & expertise
- Experience as project leader and as business analyst is a must
- Strong analytical background
- Able to understand & challenge the needs of customers and to formalize the derived requirements
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with different levels: business, management, development, ICT operations, …
- Excellent people management skills
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English
- Experience with a project management methodology (e.g. Prince2, PMBOK, …).
- Experience with an agile software development method (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, …)
- Experience managing a more technical project is a plus as business requirements around messaging standards, messaging protocols are quiet technical
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling techniques and tools (e.g. BPMN)
- Knowledge of the UML modeling language
- Experience in the Utility sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architect as modelling tool is an asset
- Documentation-communication tools (MS Office 365), MS-Project