Senior Project Manager (ref. SRQ115352) bij BNP PARIBAS FORTIS
An IT Infrastructure Project Manager (DSM, Delivery Scrum Master) , respecting the Agile methodology, ensures the project is completed on time and within budget, and that the project's objectives are met (according to scope).
Projects are separate to usual day-today business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives.
Collaborate with Tribes / Squads working in an agile mode (so need to take into account the Agile ceremonies organization)
A project manager is accountable for the realization of a project.
Responsibilities of the Infra Project Manager:
- Manage project plan, timescales, delivery milestones and budget
- Manage the project’s communications with stakeholders, management and project team
- Track progress versus plan including the actual time/cost and provide regular progress reports
- Develop knowledge of applications, systems, processes and procedures to ensure all elements of the project are delivered
- Manage the required change control process
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of assigned team members and provide support and guidance as appropriate
- Manage the User Acceptance testing of the project deliverables
- Manage the communication, roll-out and after care phase of the project to successfully hand over the deliverables to day-to-day operations team(s)
- Dutch: Fluent
- French: Fluent
- English: Fluent
Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
Required experience / knowledge
At least 5 years of relevant experience
Mandatory Technical experience
- Infrastructure knowledge about Network and Network Security
- Knowledge about migration projects
Remark: A support experience in a help desk is not considered as an infrastructure experience
Preferable Technical Experience
Mandatory Business experience
- Knowledge of the BNPPF organization and objectives. Knowledge of the banking world in general.
- Experience in the specific context of the project (IT, commercial, legal, …, or a mix of these).
- Knowledge of the specific functional context of the LCM project (domain knowledge).
- Experience in project management methods, processes and tools – knowledge of the standards in use in the enterprise.
- Soft skills
- Communication, networking, negotiating
- Team player
- Result driven with the impacted teams