Back to vacancy list
Cyber Security Strategy & Project Manager bij COTRAIN
The assignment is positioned in the CoE Security ‘Strategy and Delivery’ team.
The principal responsibilities of this team are:
- Definition of thecyber security strategy of our client (Banking Sector – Brussels);
- The translation of this strategy in a prioritized portfolio of initiatives (projects), enhancements, and studies;
- Oversight of the purpose, value, status and plans for all portfolio ‘items’ as well as cross ‘item’ dependencies and achievement of business outcomes collectively
- Act as strategy/project manager (PM) or (more structurally) as support to GS team leads acting as PM.
- Various stakeholders (contributors and their management) need to be involved in the elaboration of this strategy, roadmaps and in the definition of key actions.
- Both the roadmaps and the investment priorities are bank-wide deliverables. Good communication and interaction with middle and senior management levels across all functions in the bank is therefore essential.
Responsibilities and main tasks:
- Perform deep-dive analysis of network security requirements in close collaboration with security architect(s)
- Elaborate high level roadmaps: propose priority actions to be initiated in a 3-year investment horizon (incl. elaboration of macro-budgets for execution)
- Closely interact/collaborate with Group to roll-out standard group solutions; ensure solutions balance business and cyber security requirements
- Direct all phases of the cyber security 'initiatives' from inception through completion; prioritize workstreams and activities in accordance with the overall security objectives
- Establish milestones and ensure adherence to master plans and schedules; identify and mitigate cyber security 'initiatives' risks and issues
- Pro-actively identify issues and risks based on the knowledge of each project/capability and their dependencies
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on topics spanning several functions, departments, entities
- Ensure that stakeholder input is aggregated in a concise, high quality end deliverable, that can be shared with Sr. Management, and is supported by a communication kit.
- Mandatory: project management and change management frameworks (e.g. Prince2, ITIL, ADKAR)
- Preferable: other relevant professional certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CRISC)
- French Fluent
- Dutch Fluent
- English Fluent (mandatory)
Required knowledge / Experience
- Experience in management consulting (5+ years) – Preferably, professional experience in information security (2+ years)
- Experience as management / business consultant
- Solid analytical skills; ability to break-down complex issues into their key components; strong deductive reasoning; ability to draw conclusions from a combination of evidence and assumptions.- Preferable: Familiar with financial services industry
- Project and portfolio management
- IT / infrastructure security background – Preferable: Experience in information security (governance)
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude;
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to overcome set-backs and difficulties; seeks (and finds) solutions;
- Good communication and influencing skills;
- Excellent English writing skills; must be able to write a high-quality synthesis for Sr. management;
- Factual and results-oriented.